Shimano Curado DC Low-Profile Casting Reel
The new Shimano Curado DC Low-Profile Casting Reel is the same Curado fan favorite with a dramatic upgrade in new technology. The most noteworthy addition in this reel's technology lineup is the Digital Control braking system, which utilizes a microcomputer to monitor your spool speed 1,000 times every second and this reel will apply the perfect amount of brake to maximize distance, control spool rotation, and prevent backlash. Regardless of your skill level, you'll find this reel offers trouble-free casting and less thumbing in all conditions, with little to no brake adjustment due to condition changes or lure weight. This reel makes more efficient use of your time on the water and offers the best high-end performance and exciting new features in its price class. Whether you're a tech junkie, a tournament angler, or just a fisherman who loves a good casting reel with the latest and greatest features, the Shimano Curado DC is the reel for you.
- i-DC4 Braking
- Intelligent Digital Control braking system with and easy-to-use, 4-setting, externally adjustable brake dial. This will allow anglers to fish a wide variety of lures, in any conditions, with minimal adjustment to the reel.
- The ultimate in lightweight design.
- Cross Carbon Drag
- This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- HAGANE Gear
- With amazing strength and durability, the HAGANE Gear is at the very heart of the reel. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives you the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that you feel when you first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D design and then formed by Shimano's cold forging technology. The result is assured resilience. It's the fruit of Shimano's inexhaustible pursuit for durability; the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- Micro Module Gear II
- State-of-the-art, gear tooth surface design and MicroModule Gear II, are further advanced through Shimano's exclusive manufacturing technology. The surfaces of the drive gear and pinion gear have been analyzed and updated from the ground up in pursuit of perfection.
- S A-RB
- These bearings have been through the same process as Shimano's A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- X-SHIP provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.